Access Independent Living Services is an equal opportunity employer
If you do not have email access please print and mail or fax to the appropriate address on the contact us page.
We are currently hiring Independent Living Assistants to work in a variety of locations within the GTA.
Please click here for Current Opportunities
- PSW certification from an accredited school
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Physically capable of performing assigned duties within a flexible work schedule inside a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation; variable hours/shifts
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, and other attendant service duties
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability to potentially stressful situations
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Culturally sensitive
- A strong commitment to Consumer and Staff privacy
- Current CPR/1st Aid Certification is an asset
- Previous experience an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Access Independent Living Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. Access Independent Living Services is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources and they will ensure the necessary steps are taken to accommodate your needs.